When the weather is gloomy or rainy and you want to eat something hot but not deep fried.. Look no further . We were debating between “Bomb Shell or Cheese Shell as a title and then went with Cheeses Shell.
Here’s to an easy and friendly recipe
- Puff pastry sheet or Samosa sheet , pie crust . I prefer Puff pastry sheet as they are not tangy in flavor but this I made from Pie Crust
- Spinach -1 bunch washed and cut . For this I used store bought pre-washed baby spinach.
- Mushroom chopped – 1 small box
- Black Olives
- Cheese for binding
- Thaw the pastry sheet ( this can take a couple of hours)
- Preheat the oven to 350 Degree
- Cook the spinach and mushroom on the pan ( takes about 2 -4 minutes)
- Cool the cooked mixture and add some black pepper
- Once the pastry sheet is thawed. Cut into rectangles
- Fill each rectangle with the spinach ,mushroom mixture
- Sprinkle some cheese
- Close like a ball and line on a tin foil baking sheet
- Line these closed balls on the sheet
- Bake for 15 min
- Cool for a minute
- Now time to dig in!!!!
Cheese is optional. I made a few with cheese and a few without
Black pepper can be substituted with jalepeno
I used a toaster over and so did not preheat