While the evening filling snacks help keep the growling stomach at peace. It is one of those days when you feel like having something cold but not the Ice-cream cold… , sweet but not too sweet, solid but not hot and should taste yumm!
Here’s to another experiment , where I felt like using the left over ingredients from Christmas and make something meaningful. This recipe already exists and so I twisted it by adding layers and changing the shape. This is best suited for a loaf pan….
This simple recipe has only four ingredients but takes 2 or 3 hours to set… Well , if we want something sweet and cold, we got to work with the refrigerator
Total time- 2-4 hours
Each stage of prep time: 5 min
- Semi sweet morsels – 3 cups
- White chocolate morsels- 1 1/2 cups
- Cream cheeses – 1 table spoon ( I had to use more as the oreo did not nix well and blend in )
- Oreo Cookies or biscoff biscuits – OReo- 6-8 based on taste, Biscoff 6 are good
- Tale a loaf pan and line it with parchment/ butter paper or aluminium foil.
- Melt the white chocolate ( not in a microwave) . I put my pressure cooker bottom half filled with water and took a steel bowl, on top of the cooker and melted the chocolate. this takes less than a few minutes
- Pour this melted chocolate and make the first layer ( you can start with milk chocolate semi sweet morsels instead of milk chocolate morsels)
- spread it even with a flat spatula and put in the freezer for 25 or 30 min based on how cold your setting is. I put for 25 min and it set very well.
- When gets closer to the 25 min setting , melt the other semi sweet chocolate morsels ( if you did white first then do milk and vice-versa)
- Take the loaf pan out of the freezer and put the second layer of melted chocolate and spread even.
- Put it back in the freezer for another 25 or 30 min
- Now take about 8 oreo coookies and grind then completely
- Take the Cream Cheeses and mix the ground oreo with the cream cheese and keep it aside.
- Once the second layer has hardened, take it out of the freezer and spread with the oreo cream cheeses mixture and make an even layer
- Let sit in the freezer for another 25 min
- Melt the next ( based on what you had spread earlier white or milk ), portion of the morsels and spread it on the orep set loaf.
- Set in for another 25 or 30 min
- Continue this process till you are close to 1/10th of the top rim
- Take out the frozen chocolate layers and put it on a small baking tray. Before you put the chocolate on the tray cover with either aluminium foil or butter paper
- Now melt the last layer ( I mixed both white and milk this time ) and spread all over the frozen chocolate
- Freeze again for another 5 min .
- Take it out of the freezer, let stand for 2 or 3 min , then cut. This will ease up the cutting