While we all know that Pasta is a staple in most houses, it is always fun to flavor it up with some different sauces.. Here’s to one of my experiments…
A new way of showing a different flavor.. try it to believe it….
Pasta – 1 Cup
Tomatoes Diced – 3 Ripe
Spinach- Wash and Cut- 3 or 4 Cups ( based on how much green you like)
Cream Cheeses – 2 TBS
Salt and pepper per taste
Avocado- 1 cut
Olive Oil- 2 TBS
Cumin Seeds- 1 Teaspoon
Mustard Seeds- 1 Teaspoon
Tandoori Masala – 1 Teaspoon
- Boil the pasta Al Dante and , put a deep dish bowl in under the colander and drain the water..
- Store the water aside ( do not throw it away )
- Now take a deep yet flat pan, pour some olive oil and once it get hot, add some cumin and mustard seeds
- Now add the tomatoes to the pan and let it cook till the water oozes out of the tomatoes
- Add Spinach and cook for a couple of minutes
- Add the stored pasta water and add some tandoori masala
- Let the water boil and once it is boiled , add the Cream Cheese and still for a minute
- Add the pasta and mix it all well.
- Shut off the gas
- Cut the Avocado and place it on top of the pasta
you can use any combination of spices to match your taste buds.. Try a variation and see what works best for you